From Nov.16th to 18th Cannes (France) will be become the capital of Retail estate thanks to 17th edition of MAPIC.
MAPIC 2010 attracted over 7,400 participants. As part of Reed MIDEM (along with MIPIM and MIPIM Asia), MAPIC boasts an unparalleled scale of opportunities via its business area, programme of conferences, onsite networking events and online community.
A couple of data regarding the 2010 edition:
- 7,400 participants
- 2,000 retailers
- 100 local authorities
- 750 investors
- 67 countries
- 646 exhibiting companies
As shown above, last year, MAPIC saw a 30% surge in retail attendance. 2,000 retailers across a wide range of categories gathered to find partners and spaces while gaining key insights on strategies and best practices. With big names attracting impressive projects and substantial investment euros, 2011 promises even more opportunity.
Retailers come to MAPIC to find the best international locations to expand and re-allocate their retail presence. They’re also on the lookout for strategic investors and partners to invest in their retail projects. MAPIC brings the best under one roof, offering visitors the chance to:
- attend conference sessions to learn from successful and inspiring experts. 2011 conference highlights include: “Marks & Spencer’s new international strategy” with Jan Heere, Director of International at Marks & Spencer and “Innovative entrepreneurship for a successful business”with Mario Moretti Polegato, Geox Chairman.
- Preview the future of retail at the MORE by MAPIC Pavilion and discover how new trends and technologies affect retail real estate.
- Take part in Speed Matching sessions and discover new development spots and business opportunities.
- Boost network at a glance, discover new talents, and take unexpected steps to potential business, outside the exhibition zone, at our Power Meetings where master franchisees connect with high-profile retailers
- Attend the MAPIC Awards ceremony to celebrate excellence and innovation in retail real estate.
Among the many exhibiting companies you will find Adidas, Golden Lady, Etam, Starbucks Coffee, G-Star Raw, Apple, Triumph International AB, Geox, Asics, Subway, Abercrombie & Fitch and many many more.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to attend MAPIC, but we would like to know more from our readers attending MAPIC. Feel free to post news as comments to this post! Thanks!